Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Family is Central to His Plan




Today, we taught the children that
"the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children."


The kids enjoyed making these family trees.
You can download the tree and family cutouts for free.
The site source is Mormonchic.com

(UPDATE: I had to delete the links to the original images we used, because the site seems to be no longer, but you can easily do a search and find something similar! Or just draw a tree and cut out circles of your family's faces and let your kids glue the photos onto the tree.)




As we cut and pasted, we brainstormed about how we can help our family get back to heaven together. Be nice. Share. And say prayers...were some of the ideas.

Speaking of ideas:
Last night, I had a flash of inspiration,
as Steve and I were trying to think of something to do together
with one of our last nights of vacation.

I told Steve to come up with three questions to ask me...
and I'd come up with three to ask him.

The only rule really is that one of your questions cannot be "So, how was your day?"

Our first "question session" was a lot of fun.

And I think that we both learned something new about each other.

We have decided that we will do this every day in 2010.

I think that this will help us build and strengthen our relationship as husband and wife.

I'm really looking forward to it!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading your blog and all the ideas you have! Thank you so much for posting this! I do believe you just planned FHE for me!!!

    ReplyDelete