Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sibling Appreciation Night

Pin It

The girls and I were excited to spend the evening showing our love for Guy during "Sibling Appreciation Night" at Family Home Evening.


Scarlett helped me earlier in the day by drawing pictures for/of Guy...


...and helping me create a list of the things that we like about Guy.


When we picked Guy up from school, we told him that we had a surprise for him.

He liked the anticipation of a special surprise just for him...and the fact that he was allowed to pick out FIVE of his favorite candies for the evening's treat.


Since reading is his newly discovered talent, Guy had to read/decipher the things we had written about him.  After he read them he hugged the person who said those things about him...and we all got a piece of his favorite candy.  Steve had to work late unexpectedly, but he made it home near the end.


Everyone got candy.  And everyone got loved.


Voila, FHE night #2.

Want to check out more family night ideas?  
Try our Kid Interviews post or FHE page for more fun family ideas.

16 comments:

  1. Sibling appreciation what a great idea. We usually know that our families love us, but it means a lot when they tell us and show us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we totally have to do this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! That's an awesome way to foster sibling love, I didn't get much of that growing up so its definitely part of what I'm trying to implement in my family. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love this! I think I want to incorporate this in our family too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. man! i didn't think Autumn would ever get into a pix. phew...the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, i want to do the same exact thing for FHE next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this idea! must try out! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sibling appreciation night is a GREAT idea.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea - we need to incoporate more things that help our twins feel like special, unique individuals. Thanks for sharing!

    PS - Your Scarlett is so cute, I almost can't stand it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is an "older" post....but what a wonderful idea to teach sibling love and enforce the love of Christ in your home.

    ReplyDelete