Friday, January 8, 2010

Families Are Forever



"The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave."




We had a productive discussion today about how family relationships are meant to be forever.

I asked the children "if one of us died, would we still be a family?"
"Nooooo."

Then I said, "Daddy is at work right now and he is away from us. Is he still our Daddy?"
An enthusiastic "Yes!"



The same is true when a family member dies and goes to be with our Heavenly Father.

We are still a family, even though we are apart.

"Bon Papa died, but is he still our Grandpa?"
"Yesssss!"

I told them that I miss Bon Papa, but I know that we'll be together again some day.
I miss his hugs the most. Then, of course, I got a little teary-eyed, missing him.


Then we played this fun memory game that I made last night using photos of various family members. A few of which have passed on but they are no less loved!



I absolutely love my family and my ancestors who paved the way for the happiness that I now enjoy.




And I really enjoy finding ways to keep their memory alive.


Every time that I do, I feel them close to me, and that feels good.


To create this game, we glued scrapbook paper and family photos to 2 1/4 inch wood tiles using decoupage finish. I sprayed the finished tiles with acrylic sealant to protect them.

I am very happy with the look and feel of the tiles.
I will be making more.

+++

For ways to create a fun and Christ-centered Easter for your family, check out my 


{I am also participating in an Easter/Family History Challenge.
Check out the #MyForeverFamily page for ways you too can participate!}

2 comments:

  1. What a great Idea! I am going to try it! I just found your from Sugardoodle's post about your blog! Yeah Sugardoodle!

    ReplyDelete