Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Cross - Easter Countdown Day 8



Day 8 – Christ allows his tormentors to nail him to a cross and crucify him for our sakes.

John 19:19

“And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.”

3 Nephi 27:14

“And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil— “

John 10:17-17

“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.”

1 comment:

  1. great will power and love were demonstrated daily in his life.

    ReplyDelete