Monday, November 5, 2012

Letters to the Baby FHE



Today is my due date.

And I have been very blessed to have a wonderful pregnancy!

It is interesting, the difference that four years makes...but I'll save that for another post.

Anyway, we are so ready, and we are so excited to welcome this baby into our family!

Every day, we say, "What else can we do to get ready for her?  What else can we do to make her entrance into the world sweet and special?"

When FHE time rolled around tonight, I didn't have anything planned.  But Steve swooped in with a most beautiful idea.

He asked us each to write a letter to the baby telling her what it's like in our family and in our home.

Each child, and Steve and I, sat down and wrote out thoughts and wishes for the baby.  Autumn drew a picture of Jesus and wrote, "I love Jesus."  Scarlett wrote part of her letter in song form (and sang it for us!)  And Guy wrote just the sweetest words of love and advice that only a big brother could give.

I took a video of each of us reading our letters to the baby, and I am sharing Guy's with you, because the thoughts he shares are just so lovely.  These little women are so fortunate and blessed to have Guy as their big brother!

This baby has so much love waiting for her in our home...COME ON, BABY!!! :)  You're going to love it here!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There is a whole new world out there . . . and Guy will be there to show you.
      Mike was the most awesome big brother to Heather: glad you have one at your house

      Delete
  2. What an awesome big brother he is!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! Will have to do this with our next (and probably last) one! Good way to pass the time. Hang in there! Maybe she will come 11/8? My mom's bday.=) http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PPPPPPPS...she's gonna be one very fortunate girl to have such an incredible big brother. Love you Guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love the PPPPS's. Maybe if you start singing happy birthday to her she'll get the idea. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today is the day I guessed so good luck. What a lucky baby to come into such a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea. Those letters and video will be a family treasure. Loved this one!
    Blessings to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the beautiful anticipation you all have for the new little one who is joining your family. And it makes my heart weep for joy that some day soon we will also be anticipating another little one in our family and also relish in the memories of anticipating my two beautiful babies. My little families life has been adorned with the trial of infertility but has also been immensely blessed with the gift of adoption...twice. We are waiting ever so patiently for a third gift and miracle to join our family. And this post has helped build my joy for that time.

    Brenley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenley - You've got it right...whether we bring these babies into our homes by birth or adoption, it is really just as beautiful and just as much of a blessing for all involved. I hope your third will come soon! Much love! XO

      Delete