Monday, November 14, 2011

Book of Mormon Forum Blog Hop



Yes, that's Guy drawing a picture of my tombstone..."Josalin"!
We  just love spooky sidewalk  chalk art around here!

My "firstborn in the wilderness" turns six years old today.  That means that I have been a Mother for six amazing years.  It has been quite the ride!  I will never be able to forget the moment that I first caught a glimpse of my son's face.  It was so familiar to me.  It was like looking in the mirror.  It was indeed love at first sight.  It was like crush at first sight really.  I was giddy with love for him.

That love has only grown and matured and deepened as I have seen his beautiful qualities manifest themselves in his approach to life.  He is very much like Nephi, in my mind...straight as an arrow, stalwart, honorable, courageous, and charismatic.  He was born to lead, born to hold the priesthood, born to be compassionate to his fellowmen.  (I am pretty sure that he was also born to play baseball, but that is an entirely different post.)  

I am so proud to be his mother, and honored to be given the task of helping him to fulfill his mission here on earth.  The Book of Mormon has helped me to become a better mother, to better appreciate the importance of being a Mother and a woman in God's eternal plan.  It has helped me to become a more faithful follower of Jesus Christ, and a more charitable person.

The theme and purpose of my blog is to bring my children to Jesus Christ.  2 Nephi 25:26 says, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

I have said before that I write in order to share my testimony and my faith with my friends, but really my core purpose in writing this blog is to share the truths about Jesus Christ with my children.  I hope that my friends will also benefit from what I write here, but it is most important to me that my children have a record of what we believe and what I have worked so hard to teach them in their formative years.

I hope that when they meet up with challenges in life, they will look back at these posts and find strength in the testimonies that are shared here...testimonies that I share ALWAYS with them in mind.  I hope that they will also have a good chuckle when they see the antics they pulled...like drawing dear-old-mom's grave marker on the driveway!  What a blessing it is to be a part of a family...

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing indeed! Your children are so blessed to have you and I'm glad that the rest of us can benefit from your awesomeness too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are saving your posts in a book of some kind for them to appreciate and look at one day. Who knows the future of technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write for the same reason. I want a record for my children, their children, and so on, and someday I think they will be very glad to have it.

    Sure wish I had something like that from my ancestors. What a gift.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write for the same reason. I want to be able to save all of my thoughts on motherhood PLUS the pictures for my posterity to read and see someday....someday.

    I hope you know we can save all of our posts into a book through BLURB, here;s the link http://www.blurb.com/

    ReplyDelete