Monday, July 4, 2011

Our 4th of July Parade 2011



We had another spectacular neighborhood 4th of July parade this year.  It was a blast celebrating with so many good friends on such a special day!  




The children were so creative and had a great time decorating their bikes, scooters, and wagons.  Our friend Leah even built her own sound system into her scooter and rocked out to patriotic songs as she rode by!  As my friend Amy Jo said, it was a sea of red, white, and blue!





Lots of beautiful smiles...



...and happy families...


...even three generations of happy families!


We even had a one-man-band by our friend Henry.  I love that boy! 


We had a last-minute surprise for the 175 parade participants this year--
a cannon blast to begin and end the parade!  

(Thank you, Joe & Skylar!)


Lucky me!  I got to light the fuse!!




I plan on starting a scrapbook dedicated to parade photos.  



It's fun to look back year after year and see how we've all changed and how much all of the children have grown!

Friends...We are thankful for each one of you (and your pets...and patriotic dolls!!)





(...and the plants and friendship you shared.)












The flag ceremony that followed went well.  Porter, our flag bearer, lead the crowd in the Pledge of Allegiance, and I played the Star-Spangled Banner.  Yes, I cut myself some slack and used music.  Then Steve ended the festivities with a prayer.


Thanks to my friend Jenn for bringing a boat-load of popsicles that we all enjoyed!


And thanks to all of our dear friends who came to make memories with us for the fourth year in a row! 
Happy Independence Day, everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting all the Fun Pics it was so great to see them all. The kids all looked so cute as did all the families. Great smiles. Makes me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These neighborhood celebrations are always the best of all. And your neighbors look like a GREAT bunch of people!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great family neighborhood celelbration...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful! What a great tradition to have. (both as a family and as a neighbourhood)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all so lucky! what a fun family and neighborhood tradition!!

    I love scrapbooking and I am happy you thought of making one! You go lady!! ;)

    How come there is no video of you playing the trumpet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tradition!! I think it looks pretty great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for another wonderful time. I think this year there were more people then in years past.I am grateful you are so willing to help us all feel apart of our great community.

    ReplyDelete