Tuesday, May 5, 2009

They Call It The Miracle of Life For A Reason...



The Lord created the world.  I do not understand how, but He did.  And every time I see life springing forth into this world, I am amazed and humbled by the wisdom and intricacy and simplicity of it all.  

I stumbled upon this scene today in my back yard.  It's a robin's nest.  Two birds have hatched (quite recently, perhaps an hour ago?) and two blue eggs await their Grand Opening.  I love how the two hairless, fragile beings snuggle on to each other for warmth.  They flop and wiggle and use all of their strength to cry out for nourishment from their Mother.  It is just so sweet and it's just the way that the Lord patterned all families.  

Whether we realize it or not, we are all fragile like these little birds and require nurturing, care, and protection.  This is the great purpose of families.

5 comments:

  1. hey! i heard the birdies crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet and we certainly all are dependent on our Heavenly Father for sustaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet, we certainly all require sustaining from our Heavenly Father

    ReplyDelete