Sunday, March 9, 2014

Best General Conference Ideas for Kids


Here are my very favorite, tried & true General Conference ideas, traditions, and activities.  I have tried to cut through the sea of Gen Conf Ideas that are out there to include just the ones that have worked best for our family.  Click on the links below to learn more about each one.  

If you like any of the ideas on this page, please feel free to Pin and share them with others...These ideas will be revised and updated from time to time and housed permanently on the new General Conference Page of my blog.

Feel free to email me with any ideas that you would like to see featured here.  And follow my General Conference Pinterest board to see what we're cooking up next!


How I prepare MENTALLY for General Conference:

Preparing YOURSELF for General Conference

When the Prophet Says Jump: my top 3 simple tips for Conference Prep

K.I.S.S. General Conference: a reminder for the Marys and Marthas

Watching General Conference with Children: A Paradigm Shift

Elder Hales' Oct 2013 talk "Strengthening Faith & Testimony": No list would be complete without it!

Preparations to HELP CHILDREN & Families get the most out of General Conference:

Listening to a Prophet's Voice FHE idea

Create a General Conference Wall

Creating a General Conference QUESTION WALL

General Conference Reverence Stations - We do this every time and vary the activities.

"The Ultimate General Conference Activity Packet" download

April 2014 Sugardoodle Conference Packet download

Helping kids ration their General Conference packets

General Conference Review Lessons: a whole series of quick object lessons that you can use to teach the messages of General Conference to your children. 

General Conference Memory Game (Updated) - Use before, during, and after!

Fantasy General Conference (Updated every Conference) - a fun way to get teens involved.

Conference Cake: my family's long-standing tradition

Create a General Conference Mosaic during Conference (You might have seen us in the March 2014 Friend.)


 

Two favorite General Conference Note-taking downloads I have used in the past here and here.

Learning the names of the Apostles

For Moms who find their hands full during Conference: a note-taking alternative


Getting the most out of General Conference AFTER ITS OVER:

14 Fundamentals in Following the Prophet

General Conference Book Club: How to start one of your own

A Perpetual General Conference Notebook 

General Conference Review Lessons: a whole series of quick object lessons that you can use to teach the messages of General Conference to your children. 

Elder Hales' Oct 2013 talk "Strengthening Faith & Testimony": No list would be complete without it!



Activities we have used in Reverence Stations:
LDS Lacing Cards
General Conference Memory Game
General Conference Collages
Make your own "I Spy the Prophet" Spyglass
Family Proclamation Coloring Pages
Make General Conference Bracelets
General Conference Mosaic
General Conference Bingo Cards
Articles of Faith Puzzles
Apostle Hand-writing Worksheets
"Conference is Awesome" folder by Allison Kimball
The Sugardoodle Conference Packets
"God Gave You a Body" dress-ups download
Dry-erase board note-taking for little ones
Legos, blocks, play dough, puzzles, etc. at separate stations


Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Conference Center given by a Primary child!


8 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is already nearly time again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMMm, yeah, do you see me frantically squeezing all of our review lessons in again?! Yeah, that went quick!

      Delete
  2. You added my folders to this amazing list. I'm honored. I am so excited and just a few days ago my children were talking amongst themselves saying they were so excited for Conference weekend. I know it's primarily because of the fun activities and treats, but I'm okay with that because I know they listen and I want it to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you folder is truly awesome. We use it in church to stay focused!

      Delete
  3. great ideas Jocelyn...love ya.

    http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com

    http://frugaliciouschick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found out my son Daniel and Tina plus 4 kids are going to be here for April conference-it's spring break for them so will have to try some of your ideas! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has helped us prepare for general conference a lot: http://www.lovelaughinspire.blogspot.com/2012/03/dinner-with-latter-day-apostles.html

    Thank you for all of the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany I love this idea...I remember it from last year. Thank you for the reminder. It is such a cool idea. I am going to add it when I get a minute! Thank you!!

      Delete