Thursday, March 1, 2012

General Conference Memory Game

Pin It
Note: If you like this, you can find 
ALL of our General Conference traditions & activities on my


Here's what we are working on today: 

A General Conference Memory Game



You can play it two ways:
1.  Find the matching pictures of the Prophets/Apostles
2.  Make matches of an apostle to one of their hobbies/interests

(You could also match leaders to their teachings from the previous General Conference!)


I used the hobbies listed here and added images found online.

Then I traced, cut and glued them to the pieces of an old Memory game that we had in the basement.  (You don't have to be exact...Scarlett helped make these!)



Here is the game for you to download: (Download it in Word and you can adjust the images if you need to match your Memory game pieces.  Most Memory games are 2x2 inches.)

Looking for more General Conference ideas?  Be sure to check out my collection of General Conference Ideas here.

20 comments:

  1. good game even for us empty nesters as a memory game...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I thought about doing it on top of an old guess who? game but this works great too! I like the matching the person with their hobbies/interests too! Thanks for sharing! Putting it on my pinborad now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you make conference fun!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea!  and I loved how you used old matching games...I know we have a few of those laying around.  Thank you so much for sharing...I am starting to pref for GC too :)
    Tonii

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for things my activity day girls to do. This is perfect. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are way too awesome to do this so far in advance!   Good think I have good self-esteem or else I might feel bad about myself!  

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, as usual.  Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to do a Guess Who version, but I saw that someone else had already done that...plus our Guess Who version isn't the one with the fun flip up thingies, so I thought Memory Game...That was always my favorite as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, 
    You crack me up!   Actually it's only 29 days away!!!  :)   Since starting GCBC, I LIVE for General Conference.  It's General Conference once a week at our house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome idea. I am going to send the link to my children. I think it is a great game to play as adults since I can't remember all of the leaders; of course remember I have senior moments all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LeAnn...I'm with you...I'm totally going to be playing this.  It's hard for me to keep them all straight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. we pulled out our General Authorities matching game that I made just before Oct conference last year. We name them as we flip the cards over, and our four year old was at the point where he knew them better than I did 8-o We haven't played in a while, so they are only still good with the first presidency, but we'll be playing a lot between now and General Conference.

    I like the idea of matching them with their teachings from previous general conference! I think we will spend FHE post-conference making just such a game.

    ReplyDelete
  14. downloading now. very fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is incredible! I think I'll print it and set aside Sister Beck's pictures. I was so sad she got released today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good call...oh man, you scared me for a minute.  I thought you typed "glad"...so glad it was "sad" instead!  me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Friends & I are using this for Conference this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maybe you could add one more card for each person that quoted one important quote from that person.

    ReplyDelete