Sunday, October 19, 2014

Feast upon the words of Christ


We're just having a little fun over here.  It was Linger Longer after church today, and Steve decided to make a Book of Mormon cake...from scratch.  He did pretty great.  But he's great at pretty much anything he tries.

"Feast upon the words of Christ" is one of the Book of Mormon verses that we memorized for our Book of Mormon ABCs, and lately, we've been hearing it quoted every time we turn around. 

Yesterday, we heard it in Meet the Mormons.  Today, it was quoted in a wonderful talk in church, and of course, Steve wrote it with icing on a plate for the kids to lick up!


Besides that yesterday was Sweetest Day (a Cleveland tradition that my family always celebrates), and last week was also my Birthday!  Yay!

I have to say that this was one of my most special birthdays to date.  Steve and the kids worked for over a week on a "secret project" in the basement...drum roll, please:


They built me my own "little free library" to put outside of our house for people to exchange books in.  We fell in love with the idea about a year or so ago when we stumbled on one of these things in our town.  Now we have our very own!  Now I can add "little librarian" to my resume, but don't worry, there won't be any shushing at MY library!

That is all...just a quick update!  Hope you are having a lovely Sabbath Day, and remembering to feast upon the words of Christ!!

8 comments:

  1. what a fun idea-be sure and put a book of mormon inside...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! I love those! Borrow from them often and hope to have one when we buy a house:) great idea to share thd Book of Mormon in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so jealous! We just discovered the 2 little free libraries in our town a week or two ago! I really want one now but I don't have the tools needed to make one. I'm so glad you get to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday gift! So glad you got something so special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an awesome birthday surprise. I loved this fun post.
    Blessings for all~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of one of these--what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little library! I have a Pinterest board for them! However, in these latter days I am not brave enough to publish my address! I may do one on my own anyway! Love it!!! Melissa

    ReplyDelete