|President Uchtdorf by Scarlett|
Last night, we pulled out the list of questions that we wrote down last week at FHE that we hoped to have answered during General Conference. And guess what? ALL of our questions were answered resoundingly, effectively, and clearly.
Here were our questions and some of the speakers who provided powerful answers to our queries:
1. How can I have a happy family? (Answered best by President Uchtdorf's talk, Elder Holland's talk, President Packer's talk, and about 10 others!)
2. How can I be a better daddy? Husband? (Steve mentioned Elder Bednar's talk in the Priesthood session on disciplining the Lord's way.)
3. How many prophets are there? (Guy's question was answered by Elder Christofferson's talk where he mentioned that the 12 apostles are all called to be "seers, prophets, and revelators," subject only to the Prophet who leads the church. So by reason of deduction, the answer is 15.)
4. Will the prophet go to my birthday party? (Scarlett's question was sort of answered when she realized that the Prophet travels around the world a lot to dedicate temples and oversee the work. He's probably too busy to come to her birthday party...but he's not too busy to bless those who need his love. He even kept a helium mylar balloon that said "You're the Best" for three years and returned it to the cancer-stricken girl who had given it to him when she had recovered. He might not be able to go to birthday parties, but President Monson is never too busy to minister to "the one".)
5. I will give him a hug. (This was Autumn's contribution to our list of questions and we're sure he'd gladly give a hug back to her!)
Our family definitely enjoyed seeing proof that the Lord truly cares about and answers our questions through his living prophets as we took time to review General Conference last night at family home evening.
What questions did you have answered at General Conference this weekend?
Be sure to check out That Good Part's FHE report today!