I hope that you all enjoyed General Conference this weekend. I was sick, and so were my kids, but somehow I managed to hear more of conference than I did last spring. (Thanks to my husband!) Sick=subdued in our house, I guess.
I made up a little quizzie for you to do...just for fun. You could even use it in your FHE tonight while you discuss the 14 Fundamentals in Following the Prophet. Anyway, take your best shot. I'll leave the answers at the bottom of this post so that you can check your own work. Remember that this is based on my notes, so I'll take round-about answers, since this is also from my best memory!
Also, if you have young ones, you might like to print off the images that I found last night to go along with your discussion of the 14 Fundamentals in Following the Prophet (click below):
GENERAL CONFERENCE QUIZ
1. Claudio R. M. Costa and Kevin Duncan both quoted the 1980 talk by Ezra Taft Benson called _____________________________.
2. David M. McConkie said that "Attitude is not taught, it is c_______."
3. D. Todd Christofferson said that all "labor has its summit in h________."
4. What two things did President Uchtdorf say we should do during turbulent times?
s_______ d_______ and f____ o__ e________.
5. President Uchtdorf also said that it's rather easy to be ____.
6. What did President Uchtdorf say was the key to living in harmony with God and Man?
Living the f___________ e_______ __ ___ g________.
7. Who suggested we need to "seek light and truth" and "black-out evil from our homes," by increasing religious observance in our homes? __________ _ ________
8. Richard C. Edgely said, "Faith is not _______," we must seek after it, choose it, and work at it.
9. Gerritt W. Gong said, "Blackberries read in church make green bishops ____."
10. Neil L. Andersen said that "offended" has a corrosive companion: "___________."
11. Henry B. Eyring said that lack of trust in God's messengers brings __________.
12. Boyd K. Packer said that The Family: A Proclamation to The World is the ___ (a number) proclamation in the history of the church.
13. What are the two lines of communication with God that Dallin H. Oaks spoke of ? ____________ and ____________.
14. Larry Lawrence said that parenting is not a ____________ contest.
15. Russell M. Ballard said that Lucifer--the counterfeit fisher of men--uses ___________ to steal away our agency.
16-20. Name the five keys that Elder Lawrence mentioned that will help keep our families safe.
14 Fundamentals in Following the Prophet Images
Here are the answers!
1. Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet
4. slow down and focus on essentials
6. fundamental elements of the gospel
7. Quentin L. Cook
13. personal and priesthood
16-20. daily family prayer, daily family scripture study, daily family dinner, weekly family home evening, and personal interviews with children