Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Irish Wit

I've aways loved Irish sayings.

For a long time now this one has been my favorite.  I even cross-stitched it:


But this Irish toast always makes me chuckle when I hear it:

May those that love us, love us.
And those that don’t love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if he doesn’t turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we’ll know them by their limping.

I'm wondering who has been sending this toast in my direction, because I cranked my ankle today (napping while on duty is apparently a dangerous sport!) and I ended up in the emergency room for X-rays.

Whoever you are...I'm coming for you...
You'll "know me" by my hopping...and wincing.

As my friend Wendy always says, "Be well!"

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Hope you heal fast so you can get back to running after the munchkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sprained your ankle while napping? that takes some doing...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! hope all is well. great irish quotes, so funny. i had sprained my right leg and my wrist all last month, with x-rays too, ouch! you should be more careful when your napping, it's a dangerous sport :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the spraining came when I was abruptly awoken from a nap! Springing into action...Not good! :)

    ReplyDelete