Friday, March 12, 2010

Let There Be...Sunshine



This is The Lewisburg Freez at approximately 1:15pm yesterday.

The Freez is both a local landmark and a social hot-spot. The moment it opens for the season, there are mobs of people waiting to buy their own tasty treats.

After what seemed like 21 straight sunless, snowy days, here in Pennsylvania, we all came out in droves to soak up the SIX SUNNY DAYS in a row that we've enjoyed this week.

My kids and I logged 12 hours at the park this week, and had a great time catching up with friends.



We also needed to catch up on our ice cream consumption, so we headed to The Freez.
My kids got chocolate soft-serve ice cream topped with brightly colored sprinkles.
I wish I had my camera handy, because they looked delightful!

Guy was so excited when he saw his sugary-concoction, but he later told me that he didn't like the sprinkles and was confused and disheartened that they didn't taste good at all.

I quickly used his observation to teach him that some things in life look very good, but end up not being what we thought they'd be. Some things in life are alluring, but they are not at all what they seemed...so next time we choose differently.

I, on the other hand, chose a vanilla sundae dipped in chocolate with peanut butter sauce drizzled on top. It was like an inside-out peanut butter cup, and it was pretty much everything I'd hoped it would be.

6 comments:

  1. i just loooooove her striking happy smile...she's a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can turn a bad sprinkle experience into a lesson on agency. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, JBSquared...I tried to comment back to you with no luck...but thanks for your words! These teaching moments are all around us, if we are alert enough to the spirit to recognize them. Sometimes I catch them...sometimes I don't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish! Send some of those sunny days my way! I'm SO ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are seizing each teaching moment which is great...sunshine sure helps us be happy! There's another lesson there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yumm! Spring and Icecream...well, Icecream sounds good at any time :o) But what a lovely time to look forward to...

    Great photos too of your little ones at the park.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    (thank you for stopping by, for your sweet comment and following.)

    ReplyDelete