Sunday, January 29, 2012

Planning FHE

Pin It


I have two pieces of exciting news to share with you today:

First, I am happy to announce that I am now writing for the Friend's new blog of "Weekly Thoughts and Tips".  On my allotted week, I will be offering up a new tip to help you teach your children the Gospel of Jesus Christ...using resources from the Friend.  Click on over there right now to find out about our simple method for planning tons of great Family Home Evening lessons...quick and easy!  You know...like I like it!

Second, I have a beautiful new blog layout, thanks to my very generous and talented friend Courtney of My Ordinary, Every Day, Happily Ever After!  She dedicated many hours to updating my blog, and I love it!  The purpose of the redesign was to make it easier for everyone to navigate and find content on my site.  It is also easier to Pin and share stuff that you like!  Check it out, but pardon the dust as I make a few more renovations! Let me know what you think, and please give Courtney a big THANK YOU for her hard work!  Thank you, so much, Courtney!!

19 comments:

  1. Very fun to see you writing for the Friend! Congratulations. Also, your blog looks great. The tabs on top are a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!  I look forward to reading your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a real go getter...congrats on the primary blog-will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look! And I'm glad we're "Tips" friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn ChristensenSunday, January 29, 2012

    Me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Jocelyn! You are a great friend, so it only makes sense for you to write for the website of the same name! You will be a great fit for "The Friend"! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jocelyn ChristensenSunday, January 29, 2012

    Thank you...that was a high compliment and it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool about the Friend!  Congrats!  I was going to mention the other day that the new site stuff looked great, love it!!  I am super curious about your folder method for FHE planning, I hope you do a post on that!  (Or maybe that's what your article on the Friend will be about??  hm...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just checked out your link... thank you!  Sounds easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so easy, Katie.  I didn't mention this in my Friend post, but I also rip out crafts and stuff that I see in Family Fun and stuff...and use them in a similar way.  

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't think of a better person!!  We just came from a major fail FHE tonight, so looking forward to checking it out!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No effort is ever wasted! If you tried, you certainly didn't fail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. This layout is GREAT.

    And you are perfect for The Friend.

    Congrats!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Sue! :)  Courtney did an awesome job.  She also did my previous blog design!!  She basically came to me and said "Honey, let me help you...you NEED help!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the Friend blog! I didn't know they had one and I can't wait to read.
    It looks lovely here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the Friend blog and THANK YOU. What a great easy way to gather FHE. I struggle with "perfection-itis" and I find that by the time I have prayerfully considered FHE and printed, cut, laminated, etc Monday is over or we are just too darn crabby to do it. Thank you for providing me with an a-ha moment. :~) 

    ReplyDelete