Friday, January 6, 2012

New Friend Website


Today is a day that I have been waiting for...the much-anticipated, albeit semi-secret launch of the new Friend Magazine page.  This new page which can be accessed through the regular Friend site offers resources for Primary teachers and parents, features a searchable Gospel Topic guide, and weekly tips, thoughts, and lesson helps.

I believe that this page will prove to be a very valuable resource for anyone who is invested in teaching children about Jesus Christ.  Anyone.  Even those who are not members of our church.

I love the explanation of the purpose of this new site that says the following:

"It’s here! A new resource for parents, teachers, and leaders of children! Beginning this month, the Friend is publishing an online resource of additional helps for teaching children. Included here are stories, activities, and media that support the Primary lessons being taught in 2012. You will also find an index of ideas for different gospel topics. You can use these at home and in a variety of church settings. These ideas are all approved resources and can be used with full confidence that they are endorsed by the Church and meet the standard of teaching true doctrine.
It is a sacred responsibility to teach children the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them learn to live it. You are doing much more than teaching a lesson—you are teaching children to know and love the Savior, and helping them to be lifelong followers of Jesus Christ."

I absolutely love this description.  It IS a sacred responsibility that we have to teach children the gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is sacred, and wonderful, and fun!  And the leaders of the church want to help us in our efforts to teach the rising generation to be "lifelong followers of Jesus Christ."  Can I get an Amen?

So, now you know the "secret," so please bookmark it and spread the news that now all of the coloring pages, games, and lesson helps are now available and much more easily searchable.  

In addition to that, there will be tips and lesson helps posted weekly on the Weekly Thoughts and Tips blog that will only appear on this new Friend site.  This section will feature fresh ways to use the Friend Magazine, as well as crafts and lessons to help you teach children.  You'll definitely want to check back each week, so you won't miss a thing!  (Come to think of it, why not link to it on your blog?  I'm going to do that right now...)

Happy Friday, everyone!


In other wonderful news...I am guest posting today at my girl Carrie's blog:
Go learn about my personal method for accomplishing goals...can you guess?

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! i will have to let everyone know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so out of touch with our family ward (I attend mostly the singles ward now because Dave wants me to) that I didn't even know this was happening. It's great!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know! exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, what a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo cool!! My boys LOVE the Friend, and they want to play every game... even though most things they point our aren't games AND they can't read, haha. Going to check out the website now... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where have I been, that I didn't even know about this. Thanks for letting us all know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super! I'm so glad you posted about his, because I didn't know. I'm a stake Primary president, so I want our ward presidents and all the teachers to be aware of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Thank you for sharing! I am so using this in multiple ways! Yay!

    ReplyDelete