Thursday, January 5, 2012

General Conference Reading Schedule

(Source:  I love all of this guy's photos of Conference!)

One of the biggest blessings that I enjoyed during 2011 was the privilege of meeting weekly with my friends during General Conference Book Club.

I want to thank Stephanie at Diapers and Divinity for creating the online General Conference Book Club after which our local "in-person" chapter is patterned.  (You can read about how ours works here.)

If you are looking for a way to incorporate good friendships and words of the prophets into your life in 2012, I encourage you to either form a GCBC of your own by inviting ladies from your ward to study conference talks with you or follow along online at Stephanie's blog, where she posts a new conference talk each week.

Here is the study schedule that our local book club will be following from now until the April 2012 Conference:

January 10 - "Personal Revelation and Testimony" by Barbara Thompson, pg. 9
January 17 - "It is Better to Look Up" by Elder Carl B. Cook, pg. 33
January 24 - "We Are All Enlisted" by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, pg. 33
January 31 - "Waiting Upon the Lord" by Elder Robert D. Hales, pg. 71

February 7 - "A Witness" by President Henry B. Eyring, pg. 68
February 14 - "The Privilege of Prayer" by J. Devn Cornish, pg. 101
February 21 - "The Songs They Could Not Sing" by Elder Quentin L. Cook, pg 104
February 28 - "You Matter to Him" by President Deiter F. Uchtdorf, pg. 19

March 6 - "The Hearts of the Children Shall Turn" by Elder Bednar, pg. 24
March 13 - "Children" by Elder Andersen, pg.28
March 20 - "The Importance of a Name" by Elder M. Russell Ballard, pg. 79
March 27 - "The Book of Mormon - A Book from God" by Elder Ted R. Callister, pg 74

You can read, watch or listen to any of the talks listed here, by clicking on the links above.

Thanks again, Stephanie and my friends who shared so much of their time, love, and wisdom with me during 2011!

7 comments:

  1. great idea, I might join the online group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea and I think I will join this online group.
    Blessings to you for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I lived in a area with more active members. Our struggling little branch is so sad. And so far apart. I study the talks myself and love them so much, but it would be wonderful to talk to others about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, darling. I feel like a proud parent. Ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always make a goal to read all the conference talks before the next conference. Makes me feel so great.=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess what. I am going to do this one with my friends around here. I really think we would enjoy it. We get together a lot, but I like the idea of having something "deep" to talk about.

    Maybe I'll have people pick their favorite conference talk and present it like at a regular book club, then open it for discussion. I'm excited!

    Thanks!

    =)

    ReplyDelete