Is there anything more simple or special than reading a book with a child?
Here are the books that we will be reading together this month.
They focus on gratitude for blessings, the history of Thanksgiving, and serving others.
Stay tuned to see the accompanying crafting adventures that go with these books:
Jocelyn's List of
The Best Thanksgiving Books for Children
1. The Secret of Saying Thanks by Douglas Wood
2. Thank You, Sarah: The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving by Laurie Halse Anderson
3. The Thanksgiving Door by Debby Atwell
4. Squanto's Journey: The Story of the First Thanksgiving by Joseph Bruchac
5. The True Tale of Johnny Appleseed by Margaret Hodges
6. William Bradford: Pilgrim Boy by Bradford Smith
7. ...If You Sailed on the Mayflower in 1620 by Ann McGovern
8. The Littlest Pilgrim by Brandi Dougherty
9. I Know an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Pie by Allison Jackson
10. The Very First Americans by Cara Ashrose
11. The Story of the Pilgrims by Katharine Ross
12. The Voyage of Columbus in His Own Words (a pop-up book) by Stacie Strong
13. The Folks in the Valley: A Pennsylvania Dutch ABC by Jim Aylesworth
14. All the Places to Love by Patricia MacLachlan
15. Off to Plymouth Rock by Dandi Daley Mackall