Thursday, July 8, 2010

She Wants To Marry Me


These are my kids.

As my brother-in-law observed during his visit, they've got big personalities and do everything with a lot of character.  The last night of their visit, Scarlett and Guy had their first "sleepover" away from me.  They spent the night in the hotel with the grandparents, aunt/uncle, and cousins.  As soon as they returned, they were shipped off to their first "kid-only" birthday party, so that was a long time flying solo without Mommy and Daddy.  

As soon as they returned, Scarlett told me with much emotion, "I WANT TO MARRY YOU...right now!"
She was so sincere about it.

I said, why, because you love me?
I figured she didn't like being away from me for that long, so I assured her that, we are sort of "married" to each other--we are "sealed" to each other because Daddy and I were married in the temple.  I told her, "You will always be my daughter.  I will always be your Mommy.  Guy will always be your brother...And you will always be his sister.  This will always be the case, even if we are apart for a little while."

I asked her again later, if she still wanted to marry me.  She said yes.  I just wanted to hear her say it again, because it made me feel good! :)  Hee hee.

I didn't think that Guy was too phased by his time away until it was bedtime.  He cried and called out for me. When I finally came in to his room, he said he wanted to snuggle.  So we did, in my bed, and he told me that I didn't snuggle enough with him when the cousins were here.  And that I should never forget to snuggle with him like that again!

Yes, sir.

7 comments:

  1. I daresay children are the pure love of Christ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only say AMEN!!!! to all that...good job Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I cannot wait to be mommy someday. You have to make sure you don't let your son forget what he said, even when he's in his teens and twenties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such love, such enormous and snuggling little packages of love!

    I've been away from my kids for 2 months (they're in hawaii spending time with grandpa's, grandma's, uncles and aunties) and we've all have been having a blast. But kids definitely melt the heart and feed the soul with love. (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet precious memories being made

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I tell my boys I am their only girlfriend until they are engaged. It grosses out the teenagers but my litle boys love having mommy be their girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be the best feeling, being wanted by your children. I remember being so attached to my parents... still am!

    ReplyDelete