Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Music...Christmas Book Activity: Day 8




I would like to thank this bag of Candy Cane Kisses for getting me through this day.

But first let's focus on what went right, shall we?



This window decor that I whipped up.


A reading of my favorite wintry book...not Christmasy, just wintry.


The making of cut-out snowflakes.



Baking together,
even though our dough never turned into gingerbread cookies,
because Mommy forgot the molasses.



Our trip to Walmart today, which we lived to tell about...
...although, sadly, one "replacement" Virgin Mary figurine and one glass ball ornament did not.



Autumn eventually finding what she was searching for in this cabinet.



And Scarlett wrapping her first Christmas gift. Oh, the joy!

I was just about to say "Bah-Humbug"...
But when you look at it this way, I guess it was a pretty good day after all.

==========

Here are a few cheerful thoughts for you from the scriptures:

And ye cannot abear all things now; nevertheless, be of good bcheer, for I will clead you along.

and this is Christ speaking in the Book of Mormon.

Lift up your head and be of good cheer; for behold, the time is at hand, and on this night shall the asign be given, and on the bmorrow come I into the world, to show unto the world that I will fulfil all that which I have caused to be cspoken by the mouth of my holy prophets.

==========

A reminder that even on the most stressful of days, there is much to cheer about.


0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment